Most homemakers consider the Holy Grail of Construction Materials as those which require little or no maintenance.
Fortunately, there is one option which you can avidly use for your house decor purposes- and believe it, that it’s not some miracle of nanotechnology. Rather it is an age-old option which you have heard about numerous times - Porcelain Tiles!
But, today’s porcelain tiles are better updated with modernistic equipment to make it more impervious to water. Furthermore, these quality tiles in Perth won’t crack in freezing temperature and can be used for both indoor and outdoor construction work regardless of the weather conditions.
These tiles are a popular choice for many home designers as they use this for a broad range of applications.
The Comparison: - Porcelain or Ceramic?
One common dilemma which most homemakers face is deciding which one among- Porcelain or Ceramic tiles are better for their kitchen, bathroom or living room floor! If you are facing this same confusion, then ideally you need to opt for an option that is durable and practical.
Both Ceramic and porcelain tiles have unique characters of their own and what makes one better than the other will be discussed below. Follow closely!
· Ceramic is a type of semi-crystalline material, is amorphous and inorganic by nature. On the contrary, porcelain is a kind of ceramic and is prepared using fusions of clay.
· Porcelain tiles are also totally vitrified and impermeable before its glazing treatment. Whereas ceramic tiles do not undergo
· The levels of kaolin also vary between ceramic and porcelain tiles. Where ceramic tiles have a lower kaolin level, its counterpart
· The proportion of water absorption is also higher in porcelain tiles as compared to ceramic tiles! And that’s what makes it expensive than ceramic.
· Finally, ceramic tiles are lesser dense, and that makes them easier to cut into shape. Contrarily, porcelain tiles are much heavier than ceramic tiles, thus making it tough to cut.
Additional Pros of Porcelain tiles:
- Most quality porcelain tiles in Perth are fireproof. Even in testing conditions, it doesn’t burn; rather it restricts the flame’s movements at the time of a fire outbreak.
- Porcelain tile are your friends for life. Once installed; you don’t have to worry about future installations. Regardless of the excessive foot pressure, or lack of maintenance, these durable times can last well over a couple of decades (maybe more).
- Porcelain tiles are also stain resistant. Meaning, its surface disallows any sort of stains from penetrating its surface and discolouring the tile
If you are looking for a good option, there are very few that can match up to the performance of porcelain tiles. So, with everything known and understood, contact a reliable trade store and set up your order. If you are lucky; you may also get discounts on your bulk order.
If you are in a rush for this; you can try out ‘Direct Tile and Bath’. Just check out some of the options available (with the prices off-course). If interested; you can even speak to their representatives.